An Online US Visa, or Electronic System for Travel Authorization, is a mandatory travel documents for citizens of visa-exempt countries.
Applying for an ESTA is a simple process yet does take some preparation.
Online US Visa or Electronic System for Travel Authorization (ESTA), is a required travel document for nationals of
If you are a citizen of one of the countries that are part of US Visa-Waiver program then
you will need ESTA US Visa for layover or transit, or for
tourism and sightseeing, or for business purposes.
Applying for an Online US Visa is a straighforward process and the whole process can be completed online.
However its a good idea to be aware of the essential requirements before you start the process.
In order to receive your Online US Visa, you will first have to complete the
Online US Visa Application Form on this website,
and pay online.
Necessary Requirements to complete Online US Visa
Before you can finish your application for Online US Visa, you will need to have three (3) things: a valid email adress,
a way to pay online (debit card or credit card) and a valid passport.
Valid Passport: You must have a valid passport that has not expired. If you do not have a passport, then
you must apply for one immediately since Online USA Visa is directly linked to your passport and so applicantion
cannot be completed without the passport information.
Valid Email Address: You will need to provide a valid email address in the Online US Visa application.
As part of the application process, you are required to provide a valid email address and all communication regarding your
application will be done using this email. After you complete the Online US Visa application, your Electronic Authorization for United States
will be sent to your email within 72 hours.
Credit or Debit Card: After providing all the details regarding your trip to USA, you are required
to make the payment online. You will need a valid Credit or Debit card (Visa, Mastercard, Amex).
Application Form and Language support
To start your application, go to www.usa-online-visa.com and click on Apply Online.
This will bring you to Online US Visa Application Form.
This website provides support for multiple languages like Hebrew, Chinese, French, Spanish, Italian, Dutch, Norwegian, Danish and more.
Select your language from the dropdown and you should see the application form translated in your native language.
It is important to record all information related to Passport in English characters like your First and middle name, Family name.
The name in the Electronic Authorization must match exactly the English name in your Passport.
If you still have issues filling the application form, there are multiple resources available to help you.
There is an Frequently Asked Questions page.
If you need any help or require any clarifications you should contact
our helpdesk for support and
Time required to complete Online US Visa application
It usually takes 15-30 minutes to complete Online US Visa Application. If you have all the information ready, it could take
as little as 10 minutes to complete the form and make your payment.
Since Online US Visa is entirely an online process, most application results are mailed within a day to your
If you do not have all information ready, it could take upto an hour to finish the application.
Application Form Questions and Section
Here are the questions and sections on the ESTA US Visa Application form:
- Family/last name
- First and middle name
- Date of birth
- Place of birth
- Country of birth
- Email Address
- Martial status
- Country of Citizenship
- Passport Number
- Passport Date of Issue
- Passport Expiry Date
- In the past have you ever been citizen of any other country? (optional)
- Country of Past Citizenship (optional)
- How did you acquire past citizenship (by birth, through parents or naturalized)? (optional)
- Home Address line 1
- Home Address line 2 (optional)
- Town or City
- State or Province or District
- Postal / ZIP Code
- Country of Residence
- Mobile/Phone Number
United States Point of Contact Details
- Full name of Contact
- Contact Address Line 1
- Contact Address Line 2
- Mobile/Phone Number
Travel and Employment details
- Purpose of visit (tourist, transit or business)
- Expected arrival date
- Do you have a current or previous employer?
- Employer or Company Name
- Job Title (optional)
- Employer Address Line 1
- Employer Address Line 2 (optional)
- Town or City of Employment
- State or District of Employment
- Country of Employment
- Have you ever been arrested or convicted for a crime that resulted in serious damage to property, or serious harm?
- Have you ever violated any law related to possessing, using, or distributing illegal drugs?
- Do you seek to engage in or have you ever engaged in terrorist activities, espionage, sabotage, or genocide?
- Have you ever committed fraud or misrepresented yourself or others to obtain, or assist others to obtain, a visa or entry into the United States?
- Are you currently seeking employment in the United States or were you previously employed in the United States without prior permission from the U.S. government?
- Have you ever been denied a U.S. visa you applied for with your current or previous passport, or have you ever been refused admission to the United States or withdrawn your application for admission at a U.S. port of entry?
- Have you ever stayed in the United States longer than the admission period granted to you by the U.S. government?
- Have you traveled to, or been present in Iran, Iraq, Libya, North Korea, Somalia, Sudan, Syria or Yemen on or after March 1, 2011?
Do you have a physical or mental disorder; or are you a drug abuser or addict; or do you currently have any of the following diseases:
Cholera, Diphtheria, infectious Tuberculosis, Plague, Smallpox, Yellow Fever?
Entering passport information
It is important to enter full name exactly as given in the passport in English, correct Passport Number and Issuing Country of Passport
since your Online US Visa application is linked directly to your passport and you must travel with this passport.
- Look at your passport information page and enter the passport number at the top of this page
Passport numbers are mostly 8 to 11 characters longer. If you are entering a number that is too short or too long
or outside of this range, it is pretty like that you are entering a wrong number.
Passport numbers are a combination of alphabeters and number, so be extra careful with letter O and number 0,
letter I and the number 1.
- Passport numbers should never contain special characters like a hyphen or spaces.
Issuing Country of Passport
Select the country code shown exactly in the passport information page.
To figure out the country look for "Code" or "Issuing Country" or "Authority"
If passport information viz. passport number or country code or name is incorrect in the Online US Visa application,
you may not be able to board your flight to United States.
- You may only find out at the airport if you made a mistake.
- You will need to reapply for Online US Visa at the airport.
- It may not be possible to get Online US Visa at the last minute and it can take upto 72 hours or 3 days in some cases.
What happens after making Payment
Once you have completed the Application Form for Online US Visa, you will be prompted to make a payment.
All payments are processed via Secure payment gateway. Once the payment is complete, you should recieve your
Electronic Authorization or Online US Visa in your email inbox within 24 to 72 hours.
Next Steps: After applying and making payment for Online US Visa
Please apply for a Online US Visa 3 days in advance of your flight.